State of California employee holidays
State of California employees have paid holidays on the following dates.
- When a holiday is on a Saturday, most employees get one holiday credit (eight hours of leave).
- When a holiday is on a Sunday, most employees have a paid holiday on the following Monday.
- Spend your holiday credit on the day or hours you choose.
- Most employees get one personal holiday every fiscal year (July 1 to June 30).
- Take your personal holiday on the day you choose.
- Most employees start collecting personal holidays after they’ve worked with the State for six months.